Part-Time Meter Reader
The employee reads water meters and records volume used by residential and commercial consumers. The employees of the City are required to serve citizens and customers in a tactful, courteous manner; establish and maintain good working relationships with staff, directors, elected officials, and general public.
$15.00 per/hour for not more than 28 hours per/week. This temporary, 6 month, part-time job is not eligible for benefits nor paid time off.
- Must be 18 years of age or older with a High School diploma or equivalent
- A valid State of Michigan driver’s license is required, and must meet general government Civil Service driving standards
- Needs a skill and ability to use common hand tools, an ability to read street signs/road maps and an ability to carry out oral or written instructions
- Must be able to walk long distances and stand for long periods
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- An ability to maintain good attendance and be able to be insured
- Ability to work well and maintain good relationships with employees and the public
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives City vehicle to begin established route, and walks between locations taking readings from ARB outside of homes and businesses with uni-gun
- Records in uni-gun note section appropriate notes. Example: meter box location, dog in yard
- Inspects connections for damage. If outside box or wire is damaged, then the reader enters it into the note section of the uni-gun
- Returns uni-gun to business office for billing purposes
- Maintains work assigned equipment and does other tasks as assigned